Winthrop University Hospital - Rip Off Fee at Winthrop Hospitol Mineola, New York

1 of 1

Winthrop University Hospital Reviews

ISSUE NOT RESOLVED

Mineola, New York 8 hours ago

On October 3, 2015 my L5S1 herniated disk was causing a lot of pain so I went to the Emergency Room Services at Winthrop Hospital in Mineola.I waited for 5 hours and then they let me see an intern for about 5 minutes.

After we talked he sent me home with a pain pill and told me to see my regular doctor during the week.

A first bill came for $132.00 which I paid to the doctors services. Another bill came today from the hospital for $1437.00 for my 5 minute consultation with an intern. I pay $7800 a year to Oxford Liberty Plan which is part of United Health Care.

They would not pay this fee. And frankly I do think it is rather excessive being nothing was done to me during my visit. I have request the hospital to reexamine my bill and I am waiting for a response. We can cover lots of illegal people that come to our country for free and hard working American Citizens have to pay up the nose for 5 minutes consultation with an intern.

There is definitely big problems with our health system in America.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss pricing issue of winthrop university hospital emergency service. Winthrop University Hospital needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned winthrop university hospital emergency service in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Winthrop University Hospital.

Had an Experience with Winthrop University Hospital?

Comments